Monday, February 19, 2007

Some people

Via Think Progress, White House Press Secretary Pony Blow had this to say:

BLITZER: Is that true? Are you getting ready for war with Iran?

SNOW: No. And furthermore, I — Wolf, I am at a total loss to find any place where this administration has been trying to, quote, “create a run-up with a war on Iran.” It is interesting to me that it seems that some politicians maybe are trying to protect Iran.


Since he didn't name any politicians that are trying to protect Iran, I'm choosing my own:





In related news, MyDD (via Atrios) comes up with this new quote from Hillary Clinton:

Clinton also sought to draw a contrast with some of her Democratic rivals on the issue of terrorism. "Some people may be running who may tell you that we don't face a real threat from terrorism," she said. "I am not one of those."


Since Clinton doesn't name any of these people who say we don't face a real threat from terrorism, I am once again forced to find them myself:


Q But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him.


I don't trust the little girl either. Just sayin.

1 comment:

mapaghimagsik said...

What is it about these democrats so eager to directly engage Iran? Afghanistan is pretty much gearing up for a spring offensive...perhaps this is that very thin, shrinking laywer where some Dems and some Republicans agree.

But, that might be bitterness creeping in. In any event, every time you read my comic, a republican loses his job

Taking Stock