Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Meet the New Memes

The first meme I would like to introduce is the concept of a "Writing Comprehension Problem." This occurs when a wingnut writer says something completely outlandish, is then called to account for their brain-fart, and responds by accusing their opponent of having a "Reading Comprehension Problem." One example of this would be someone who, say, writes a book called "In Defense of Internment," then goes on the cable news shows and claims her book doesn't defend internment, and blasts her host for not reading her book. Another example can be found in the comments section of Debbie Schlussel's blog.

FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME, I DIDN'T SAY THEY STOLE IT FROM ANYONE. HELLO, LIBERALS . . . . IT WAS A RHETORICAL QUESTION. THE POINT IS THAT WE DO NOT KNOW WHETHER OR NOT THEY WERE THE FIRST PEOPLE HERE, BUT EVEN IF THEY WERE, THAT DOESN'T MEAN THE LAND WAS THEIRS. IT MEANS THEY TOOK IT. I DON'T NEED TO DO RESEARCH/GOOGLE. I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. BUT YOU NEED TO RE-TAKE "READING COMPREHENSION." DITTO FOR THE REST OF THE LIBERALS. AT LEAST, YOU DID NOT TAKE TO INSULTS, OR YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED LIKE THEY WERE.
DEBBIE SCHLUSSEL


HELLO, she didn't say Indians stole land. Here is what she said:

So whom did THEY steal the land from? Somebody else, obviously.


A clear case of a Writing Comprehension Problem.


The second meme I would like to introduce is the concept soon to be known as "Wellstoning." From AmericaBlog, here is what people used to say:

I say this because you know it's only a matter of hours before the Republican Swift Boating of Rev. Lowery and Coretta's funeral begins. How dare a black man not know his place at a funeral, they'll say.


Here's the way they will phrase it in the future:

I say this because you know it's only a matter of hours before the Republican Wellstoning of Rev. Lowery and Coretta's funeral begins. How dare a black man not know his place at a funeral, they'll say.


You're welcome.

4 comments:

P. Drāno said...

I find it hard to read things that are in all caps like her reply. I keep thinking it's in Latin.

phinky said...

So who did the native Americans steal the land from? Neanerthals? No wonder Debbie is so mad, her family's land was stolen.

Jim said...

Thanks for the link to Debbie's site. I've bookmarked it.I'm sure I'll return there often whenever I'm feeling down; she's a pick-me-up. I'm particularly gratified by the way she puts her responses ALL IN CAPS. She appears to be a feminine counterpart to Doug Feith, only she's "the stupidest fucking woman on the face of the earth"

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I see the problem here: pronoun trouble.
--Daffy Duck

She's correct, you know. TECHNICALLY, she didn't say: "...whom did the INDIANS steal the land from?"

She said: "...whom did THEY steal the land from?"

Well, I say, "WE DO HAVE TO SHOOT THEM NOW!!!! FIRE!!"

Yeah, great, another mindless RW bimbo on the internets and the MSM as eye candy for the LGF demographic. As if there's not enough Coulter/Malkin/Ingraham flooding the airwaves already.