Sunday, November 20, 2005

Are we still racists and sexists?

Michelle Maglalang admits that her husband has written blog posts for her. My question - if we are critizing the blog posts of a white man, are we still racists and sexists, as she has continually accused her critics of being?

He has done copy-editing on my three books, conducted background research, taken dictation, drafted language for business letters, reviewed contracts, mailed my thank-you notes, helped me with a handful of blog posts out of the estimated 3,000 I've written since June 2004, corrected the math in a few of the estimated 800 newspaper columns I've penned since November 1992, and provided me with emotional support and encouragement through good times and bad.


Amusingly, her entire post is an angry screed against "tinfoil-hat wearers" who dare to accuse her of being a right-wing puppet, and then she basically admits she is a right-wing puppet. No irony with these people.

No comments: