Friday, August 12, 2005

Summer of George

George: I'm really going to do something with these three months.

Jerry: Like what?

George: I'm gonna read a book. From beginning to end. In that order.

Jerry: I've always wanted to do that...

George: I'm gonna play frolf.

Jerry: You mean golf?

George: Frolf, frisbee golf Jerry. Golf with a frisbee. This is gonna be my time. Time to taste the fruits and let the juices drip down my chin. I proclaim this: The Summer of George!

frolf

While George frolfs the summer away at his Crawford estate, some other things have been happening:


Gold Star mother Cindy Sheehan holds vigil outside the Crawford estate.



The Deyarmin family buries their late son, Marine Lance Corporal Daniel Nathan Deyarmin


Friends and relatives carry the body of a soda vendor killed by a suicide bomber today.


And more of the same old, same old in Baghdad.


George: This was supposed to be 'The summer of George'! The summer of George.

No comments: